Monday, February 4, 2008

How Cold Is It?

So, I've experience my first couple of 20-below-with-wind-chill days. And I have a couple of observations.

IT'S REALLY COLD!

Surprising, huh?

1. The inside of my garage door ices over.

2. The driver's side door of my car froze shut. Had to crawl in and out of the passenger side for two days.

3. The inside of the windows ice over while you're driving.

4. You can't get your car remotely warm. I had to keep checking the air vents to see if the heat was even on.

5. Even with multiple layers of clothes, coats, gloves, and hats, and the heat on in the car, it's still REALLY COLD!

6. The dog doesn't want to pee outside.

7. The previously-melted snow in my garage turned to ice.

8. They cancel or delay school because it's too dangerous for kids to walk to school in the cold.

The good news is, my garage can double as a freezer.

And best of all, it makes 30 feel almost warm!

Luckily, the super cold days don't last too long so I've been able to survive. However, I'd really like to be able to feel my toes again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment