Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On the first day of Christmas. . .

...my true love, uh, myself, gave to me--four rubber rings.

Okay, not very Christmasy but I bought myself some snow tires the other day, and I couldn't believe how happy I was to have them. I don't really know anything about tires, and I didn't want to be taken advantage of, so I did a little research. I found some recommended tires and then some of those same tires got bad reviews by consumers. Grr. So now what do I do?

I got a couple of different tire store recommendations at work so I started calling around. Store #1 gave me a price higher and a wait for an appointment longer than I wanted. Plus, they were out of the tires that I wanted.

Store #2 was Zolman's Tire. I don't know if you can really gush about a tire store, but I had a lot of trepidation about buying tires. They are a lot of money, I wanted them to be safe, and as a woman, I didn't want to be taken advantage of. So when I talked to the guy from Zolman's on the phone, he gave me a couple of options, one of which was the tire I was looking at. When I asked him for his recommendation, he said he had that very tire on his own car. Plus, he could order it and I could come in the next day to have it put on, AND it was $100 cheaper than Store #1.

When I went to get my tires put on the next day, there were four people in front of me in the waiting room. But all of them were treated courteously and quickly. They wrapped my old tires in plastic and put them in the back of the Expedition and they topped off my washer fluid.

It seems a bit silly to be impressed with a tire store, but it just seems so rare these days when anyone exceeds my expectations.

When I picked up "Calvin" from daycare I told him his Christmas present was in the back. He looked at the tires, then looked around. "Where?"

"The tires."

"Cool. We get four tire swings?"

Apparently my kids' expectations aren't too high either.

No comments:

Post a Comment